I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. We had Dr. Deissler as our guest speaker last Friday. She led us go through a librarian’s head to understand more about the challenges and duties that a media specialist has every day in 21st century learning. I hope you enjoyed the discussion with her.
Today, we are so honored to have another guest speaker– Dr. Eddie Watson. Dr. Eddie Watson is the director of the Center for Teaching and Learning at UGA now. Before coming to UGA, Dr. Watson was the associate director of the Center for Instructional Development and Educational Research at Virginia Tech. Most of Dr. Watson’s research is related to the topic about the collaboration across the boundaries of disciplines in order to create opportunities for professors and students in higher education to achieve the goals. As we ll know, 21st century learners are very different. Today Dr. Watson will lead us to unveil some of the myths about 21st century learners, especially the myth of multitasking.
- Reflect on what you heard/ learned from Dr. Watson today.
- Keep the dialogue you have with your peers in blogs.
- Create your timeline for the stop animation infomercial with your partners. We won’t have a reflection due next week, so you will have time to work with your partners during the weekend if you need to.
- If you haven’t completed your reflection 5, you still have a few hours to work on it. See materials/ requirements/ guiding questions on the Reflection 5 page.
- Come with the plot you developed for your infomercial and the materials to make the set-up. If you need to take the footage while making the set-up, come with a digital camera and a tripod. You can check them out in OIT on the second floor.