Today is a workday for the Slowmation project. Before you start, please complete the following tasks. Thanks!
- Submit your topic and team members’ names HERE
- Check the Rubric
- Work on your storyboard. Here are some resources for your reference. Remember that you need to turn in your storyboard this time! It doesn’t need to be very detailed…but at least it gives you and the readers the flow of your Slowmation.
**Berkeley University– Multimedia Storytelling
** University of Houston– digital Storytelling Center
** Print-out Storyboard Templates
** Visual Storytelling Resources
**Google Doc Storyboard Templates
Once you are done with the storyboard, you can work on making the props and taking pictures. Some people like to make all the props first and then take pictures. But, MOST PEOPLE DO BOTH AT THE SAME TIME. It is just easier to do it at the same time.
MISSION 3 (Thursday):
I hope we can finish taking pictures today. When you come back on Thursday, we will spend some time editing the video.
MISSION 4 (Before next Tuesday):
Before you present your Slowmation next Tuesday, you need to complete a reflection on your blog with these items:
- A link to your video
- Introduction to your video– topic, grade level, why this topic, etc.
- How will this video help them understand the concept?
- What are the difficulties that you have encountered in this project?
- How can we improve this project?
- How do you see this kind of student creativity project play a role in 21st century learning? How does this project help you develop creativity and communication with others?
- Check the plans for the next six weeks
- work on the “Expanding Your Learning Circle Project” page (Due April 8).
- Check with me about the Expand your learning circle project if you are not sure whether your choice is a good one
- Work on the 20% Design Project
- Work on Reflection 6 (Due April 1)
- Finish taking pictures for your Slowmation